1. Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Using an electric beater, beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until thick and creamy.
3. Add egg and vanilla essence and continue to beat until well combined.
4. Fold in the plain flour and self raising flour until just combined, then add the white chocolate and macadamias to form a chunky mixture.
5. Place spoonfuls of the cookie mixture on the prepared tray and gently press down to flatten a little.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.