1. Combine peanut oil, sugar, tumeric, ginger, garlic, turmeric, five spice and chilli powder in bowl.
2. Mix together and make sure there aren't any clumps of sugar remaining.
3. Place chicken into a large bowl and pour marinade over, ensuring all pieces are well covered.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.
5. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
6. Line a baking dish with baking paper and place pieces of chicken into the dish.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.