1. Cut all vegetables into cubes or slices and roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until cooked.
2. Once vegetables are half cooked, heat oil in pan and cook onion and garlic until golden brown.
3. Add rice into the saucepan and cook with onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
4. Add stock to pan (just enough to cover rice) and continuously stir until liquid has minimised.
5. Continue to add stock and stir until rice is completely cooked to your liking. This can take up to 20 minutes. Keep tasting the rice as you go to ensure it doesn't over cook.
6. Once vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and cut into small pieces.
7. When the rice is done, add chopped roasted vegetables, asparagus, parsley and parmesan and stir until well combined.