1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place patty pans into muffin tray.
3. Stir oil, eggs, vanilla extract, pineapple, carrot, pecans and caster sugar together in a large bowl.
4. Sift in flour, cinnamon and bi carbonate soda.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin tray, fill patty pans about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked.
7. Allow to completely cool.
8. For the icing, use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese, butter and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
9. Gradually mix in the icing sugar until smooth.
10. Chop pecans finely.
11. Ice the cupcakes and then top with chopped pecans.