1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with non stick baking paper.
2. Combine the rolled oats, sugar, apricots and flour in a bowl.
3. Place the golden syrup, bicarbonate of soda and 1/4 cup boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside for 2 minutes.
4. Stir butter into the golden syrup mixture.
5. Add the golden syrup mixture to the dry ingredients until well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Roll spoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on the lined trays about 4cm apart.
7. Bake, swapping the trays around once, for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.